Your Worst and most over rated Sci Fi film ever

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Gingerdave, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

So Carrying on from JK's thread and at Arroryn's sugestion here is the counter part to JK's scifi thread in which we find out your worst and most over rated films.

Worst: Blood Rayne (dear god just thinking of it makes me queezy)

Over Rated: Blade Runner.

Now before I am crucified on the cross of the Blade Runner film let me just say that I have watched a couple of times and I just don't "get' it, I am not saying its a bad film just one the best film ever.

Other candidates for worst film can go to: Starhip Troopers 2 and 3

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

There have been so many bad Sci-Fi films I'm picking one thats relatively recent and I hear cost a few quid to make . . . .

Battlefield Earth . . . . .say no more

Most over rated Sci-Fi film I ever saw is going to be a contraversial one in that its a really good film, but when I saw the ending I wanted to flip . . . . . The Matrix Reloaded! One of those moments where you think "that can't really be how they have ended the film!". And before anyone says I know all about the brothers splitting what was going to be one film into two etc etc but its no excuse IMO.

Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

There are plenty of candidates for bad.

Any, and I mean ANY film by Uwe Boll. That man has torn the genre apart with his cavalcade of crap films based on video games.

But Doom was terrible, just terrible.

I think the Resident Evil franchise is hugely overrated. The films are mildly enjoyable, but they're not what the hype makes them up to be.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Worst: Predator 2 (dated badly)

Over rated: Star Wars episode 1, AI

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  5. morph

morph Byte Poster

Predator 2 - **** (but in a good way)

War of the Worlds 2 - there's about 6 actors in the whole film, playing several differant characters - its well worth downloa..seeing just for the experience :D

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Worst, Starship Troopers 2 - made even more horrible because the first one was so good. I hate it when they knock together these sequels with TV production values and just re-use sfx shots from the film. Three was pretty bad, but I was expecting to hate that.

Most over rated, Solaris with George Clooney. What the hell was all that about? It was like a two hour bad dream viewed through a goldfish bowl.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. Geekzilla

Geekzilla Nibble Poster

Without prejudice and IMO the worst is Independence Day. I am sure I am the only one, but everything about that movie make my teeth chatter with disgust. It’s not that it lacks action/adventure, stunning SFX or even pretty accomplished actors; it is the jingoistic undertones that America gets to lead the world in conquering the alien threat. Then in a token effort to include the rest of civilisation, they have a cheesy montage of the world’s military joining forces for a final offensive, including a man with the worst British accent I have ever heard in a movie. I understand it is an American film but I am sure somthing as massive as an Alien invation should get global participation.

The most over rated for me are the prequels for Star Wars. Too much hype but I am actually a bit of a fan-boy, (excluding Jar Jar Binks obviously)

Certifications: None, Yet
    WIP: Comptia A+
  8. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I think there are lots of great films with great ideas, and the sequels... just... why?

For example, I love the films Butterfly Effect and Donnie Darko, but Butterfly Effect 2 and Donnie Darko 2... why? WTF?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  9. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Ha ha tickled me that

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs