Your views on this offer of A+ training

Discussion in 'A+' started by jld2007, Apr 13, 2007.

1. jld2007

jld2007 Bit Poster

Hi...Thru the CompTIA wesbsite I followed a link to quickcert.com. I entered my details to view an online video of some of the training they can offer which seemed to be fine, however, they contacted me today offering me 12 months access to the website to gain all course training litertature for CompTIA, Microsoft and Cisco courses. The offer is for £415 for 12 month access? Does this seem right?

1. Is this a certified affiliate?
    2. Is this a good price.

Thanks in advance.

WIP: MCSE?
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I have to say that the price seems ok (see the links below for alternative CBT's), the only thing that I do not like is:
    1. Everything is online, after the year you have to pay the same amount again for access if you haven't completed the exams and
    2. I've never used them so I can't say anythng on their products quality.

Alternative CBT's
    CBTNuggets
    Leanrkey
    Testout

There is another alternative, buy the IT pro books with CBT built in, for example when I was studying for my 70-296 exam I bought the Syngress book. It came with their version of the CBT for that course.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. MattW

MattW Bit Poster

Hi

I looked into training with Pitman training before deciding on the self study route and they wanted about £400 for each exam and then the exam fees on top so this seems an ok price but I would think hard about exactly what you are getting from the website - there is lots of help here and I have found that £27 for the Meyers book seems to be working well for me.

Matt

Certifications: None - YET !
    WIP: A+