Your recommendations on a business mobile

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Leehaa, May 28, 2008.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Currently we have an 02 XDA Orbit. Spec is fine, but I have been asked to try and swap to a new handset - all 12 seem to be a bit faulty when on a call - seems to cut out, or navigate somewhere when screen is accidently touched during a phone call...

The features it has that we need to keep is built in GPS for sat nav, and, expandable memory.
    One that a lot of people seem to want to bin is the touch screen facility.

It would be nice to have a camera, but as it's a business one, that isn't exactly top of the list.

It is mainly used for the sat nav, to view business emails...and also for business calls...

has anyone got any recommendations? (there are so many to choose from). Please recommend well as I get to have one too :biggrin

Thanks,

Lee

Ps, anyone got an opinion on the blackberry 8800?...

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Would the mobile still be on 02 contract or are you open to different networks such as vodaphone???

Blackberry seemed to be taking over the market just make sure you get one that comes with it's own software for syncing and do not use the MS Activesync that only has 2 partnerships.

At work there seems to be mixed feeling with blackberry's with some of the staff calling them crapberry's :pand exchanging them for del Xim 5 PDA's8)

:hhhmmm There is a website we use that gives excellent reviews for buisness mobiles..hhmmmmm I will have to dig around my email to find the link!:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

that looks great!!

Unfortunately we are tied into an 02 contract for another year, and, looking at things, so would make sense to see what handset we can move to via them... will prob need to go for a phone with windows mobile...and I think it will be further limited due to having copilot 6...

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  4. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Since supporting the Blackberry enterprise at work I have become a bit of a fan. They are good!
    We have started issuing the 8300 to a few users, the rest are on older 8700g handsets. The 8300 should do everything you need, and has a camera.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Never really rated XDAs to be honest, because of the problems you have listed.

Do you get the option on any other handsets from O2?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs