Youngest MCT is not 14. New record is 13

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by valeriechen, Jul 14, 2011.

1. valeriechen

valeriechen Bit Poster

My brother broke my record on being the youngest MCT. 13 years and 2 days.
    He is also the youngest MCP in USA (11)
    World's youngest MCTS (11)
    World's youngest Microsoft Office Master (& expert) at 13 year and 40 days.

Look at this video and you will meet him and his 3 personalities.

‪Can you beat yourself in competition. Watch how Sean does it in "Jeoparty"‬‏ - YouTube

Certifications: A+,CTT+,MCP,MCT,MCTS,MOS-Master 03,07,10
    WIP: High School
  2. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

........I'm sorry but who actually cares? The only threads you ever post on this forum are about age and how great your achievements are (and now your brothers).

This forum is full of talented people who make really useful contributions. I think it's about time you started to do the same.

Modey and csx like this.
  3. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Certifications are about providing professional services to work, not about being the youngest person to get a qualification.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
    Modey likes this.
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

WOW! OMFG! DID HE DO IT FOR TEH LULZ?!?!?

May I be possibly the 2000th person to say "Who cares"?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
    Modey likes this.
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Valerie.
    I've been more than willing to give you a good word when required, but once again ALL YOU EVER DO IS POST ON THIS FORUM TO PROMOTE YOURSELF AND YOUR FOETUS SIBLINGS!

Please, please, stop it!
    You've never actually posted something that is helpful or beneficial to others.
    If you are the youngest MCT in the world, fine, post some training material that others may find useful.
    Otherwise, you're just a spammer.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
    Modey likes this.
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

In other news, I took a nice s**t today and it was quite satisfying. ;)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

If this was Facebook, I would 'Like' the above comment in response to this thread :biggrin

Edit: Oh, just realised I can :P

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  9. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

OK point made, the easiest thing to do is to report a post not go on the attack.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  10. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I won't come out with my blades then - damn it, and I was having a hard day too! :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  11. valeriechen

valeriechen Bit Poster

Thanks for liking it. You are right, the video is better, so it was picked as "top 10". (and I helped edited the video)

For those people who think we are self promoting, we are actually promoting the concept of "Move Needy to Needed, Turn Learners to Leaders!" We proved to others, "age is not a factor in the IT World". I tutored Sean, and he is now Office Master (& Expert) at age 13, MCTS at 11, and A+ at 12. I tutored Sharon and she helped others, and then her students Jim & Edmund wish to help others. For those who targeted us a punching bags. I can only say, Thanks for your encouragement. I realize that we have a long way to go and many people to help.

Certifications: A+,CTT+,MCP,MCT,MCTS,MOS-Master 03,07,10
    WIP: High School
    dmarsh likes this.
  12. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Best of luck with that in UK IT - you can't legally work at the age of 13.

Nor would i trust any of my systems with a person of that age

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  13. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

I just watched the video in the first post and dont get it, I also stopped before the end.

I just dont see why you are wasting your childhood doing these exams. At the end of the day they are only bits of paper and you will need alot more than just bits of paper to work in the real world., and this will be stuff you are possibly missing out on because you are so focused on doing these certificates and not gaining real world expierence that you learn when growing up.

It is good you are doing something productive but enjoy your childhood aswell.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
    Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  14. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Agreed. I think children like to copy their parents to learn life skills, be it the toddler in the tribe around the camp or our modern society.

15. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I agree. It's a good thing that your doing this but not at your age. You have a whole lifetime to do certs and persue a career in IT. I got to agree with most of the guys I personally wouldn't want to be taught by a kid you should be out playing with other kids not doing these certs. Don't waste your childhood as once it's gone it's gone forever. Just seems to me you are missing out by doing these certs.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  16. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

The only thing this thread very aptly demonstrates is that there should be a minimum age limit on taking any kind of cert (18 I would say).

In other important breaking news, I had a beef and onion baguette for lunch today from Morrisons. It was quite nice. End newsflash. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  17. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Re the video, i think he was being sarcastic, I cringed to be honest, it seemed so co-erced with those 2 guys reading their lines!

I dont think people are using you as punching bags at all, I think there was a fair point raised that all of your posts are links to your videos, really that doesnt help anyone.

In fairness though if this makes you happy, then keep doing it, I seem to recall another member on this forum starting young, ok maybe not this young, and he has become one of the most respected members on here.

I would suggest less (well none) of the advertising, maybe keep an eye out for opportunities to actually help people with their issues, that way youll build up some positivity here.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  18. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yes, he was. :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  19. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

One thing that I have to point out (at least when I lived in the US), is that if Valerie does decide to go to college/Uni to do her degree (as the US is heavily degree orientated) that any extra curiccular activity will look favourable for her college application.

While I do agree that 13/14 is possibly a bit too young, at least she is doing something constructive and not doing something like this (hopefully).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  20. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Agreed, Valerie is still a child so we should cut her some slack. Would be good if she participated in more than just self promotion though.

A far as the video is concerned I thought it was quite a good effort, clear picture, reasonable presenting and content etc. Just slight shame it comes across mostly as an advert for Certiport.