You thought you knew it, and then...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Shinigami, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

It's kind of amusing really. You think you know some stuff, and you get thrown a new project your way.

You of course take it up eagerly telling everyone that you already know a lot about product X or Y, and so you begin looking at the what it is that the customer wants you to work on when it comes to this 'X' or 'Y' that you were such an expert on a few hours before.

The first feeling is a few strange muscle spasm in your neck as you try to decipher the language being used by the people to describe your new assignment. Doesn't last long, but it feels like of similar to Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory.

Then you dig further, and decide you need to brush up on a few more curious perspectives of technology Z in order to give your customer 100% and then some.

So you dig up some internal distribution lists and documents, and you're faced with +100 pages of reading.

Ahh... you gotta love IT. It just never ends.

Rant over :oops:

(the crazy part is... even for simple technologies, you can still keep learning more... one must keep their chin up I tell you, haha)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

ha ha sounds like my career all over! I'm sure if anyone can master it mate its you

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Two words: I wish

(well, actually they're not complicated subjects per se, but the customer wants some pretty obscure data... I guess I need to put on my optimistic hat and chalk it up as a learning process which helps me get even better with this product, yeeehaw).

:)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  4. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

If you don't mind me asking shinigami, what is your role? And what's the product that you're working with the client on?

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680