Yippee... Snowing...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Welll it's been snowing for approx the last 20 mins in little old Wellingborough. However as soon as it hits the ground it disappears...

Anyone else got snow?

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Yep, snowing over here in Northampton.

Not settling yet though..

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Snowing up in Bracebridge Heath as well...

4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Snowing (lightly) in Kent at the moment. Settling in patches.

Harry. (Who is too old to derive any pleasure from snow :( )

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Please no! I am going to New York for a couple of days on Saturday, then from there we are going home to Ireland for a week or so and all I hear is it is freezing! I haven't seen snow or felt cold at all for years and am dreading it!

I only have Summer clothes too! ARGH!

Seriously, how cold is it back in the UK and Ireland right now? And New York for that matter if anyone on these forums is there or has been there recently. It was 26c here last week and that was FREEZING (seriously, when you become adjusted to 30c+ weather all year round a sudden 'cold' spell can feel freezing).

Am actually dreading going to be honest because I don't want to freeze to death!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well in Wellingborough it's between 0 degrees C and 1 degree C, tonight will go down to about -2 (F - between 27 and 34 degrees).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. GiddyG

8. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

14:20 and not snowing in Little Billing. And just to take the p**s today the boilers packed up BRRRRRRRR:x

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  9. Dubfire

Dubfire Byte Poster

Not in milton keynes though!

Where do you work in Northampton mate?

Certifications: N+, 270.
    WIP: 291 then 284 for the MCSA.. ITIL...
  10. GiddyG

That is always my worst nightmare after mine stopped working a couple of years ago a couple of days before Christmas. Even though I was on British Gas super duper 7/24 365 package for boiler, they still wouldn't guarantee an engineer coming out to fix.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

11. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Boilers ALWAYS pack up at xmas - its an unwritten rule. Mine went south on boxing day year before last.

Snowing here in Croydon, but not settling - yet. If it does, past experience tells me that it'll be a major PITA to get to work tomorrow.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  12. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Now compare that to this!

I think I am going to have a Sean Connery! :ohmy:blink:eyecrazy:eek: ---> :brancard ---> :gos ---> :angel

13. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

well its been on and off all day here in thetford! Flurries every hour or so for about 15mins. But in teh last 2 hours its been continuos, though not what i would call hard.

Oh and DL, it was about -5C at one point last week, but average here for the last few days has been about 1c!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  14. GiddyG

Crikey! Waaaay too hot for me mate. Mind you, it says you've got light showers. :biggrin

15. Bobcat

Bobcat New Member

No snow here in Rushden yet, although it's a bit chilly!

Certifications: A+ MCDST
    WIP: N+ CCNA NVQ customer support
  16. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

It's a weird one with rain here. It can literally rain on top of my house yet less than 500 yeards down the road it's bright sunshine and blue skies.

Weird weather but that's due to the size of the island more than anything.

This morning it's blue skies and sun here. The sea is calm, no probs so the BBC called it wrong methinks! :D

17. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Well, not that it matters because I live in a completely different part of the world, but no snow here this morning. There was enough frost on the grass that, without my contacts, I thought there was snow on the ground.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  18. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Like trip said, I too live in a completely different part of the world, but if anyone is interested here in canada, or should I say the province of quebec, we have a total of 15cm of snow. Hate driving in this kind of weather....

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  19. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Over in Brackmills at a large IT company.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  20. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

I hate this cold :cry:. I am staying with my brother at the moment due to needing to save up for a house deposit with my gf. We both believe it will help us save faster. My problem though is that there is no heating in this flat whatsoever due to arguments over the charges with the supplier. I have been freezing for the last few months with a radiator style oil heater i plug into the mains.

Electricity bills are crippling! I hardly get out of bed much cos of the cold and have a duvet and three blankets on me at the moment :eek:

Snow is a NO, Roll on the summer!

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA