YES! (Passed CCNA today)

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by MJN, Feb 11, 2010.

1. MJN

MJN Bit Poster

Just thought I'd post a note having passed my CCNA (INCD2 actually) today - not to gloat but as some encouragement to others on this well-trodden path.

Obviously I cannot say what was in the exam but I can say it was a very fair test. As hard it was if you learn and understand the material then you'll have no problems whatsoever. That may sound obvious, I suppose it is, but there are no tricks with this exam - you can tell they know what you should know (if that makes sense).

I went in positive, but very nervous - mainly because I knew I'd be gutted if I failed having done so much work for it. However, after I was about halfway through I knew it was going well, and as it got near the end I almost wanted them to throw more questions my way! Sad I know but maybe some of you will know what I mean!

So good luck for those heading this way - there is light at the end of the tunnel (and it's not a train...).

Mathew

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Relaxing...
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Nice one!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. dv-ant

dv-ant Bit Poster

congrats!!!

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well done that man :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Congrats man. Well done and welcome to the CF.

WIP: 220-701 - A+
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats dude!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

Congratulations :D

what was your score overall for the exams?

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  10. MJN

MJN Bit Poster

Thanks guys!

Alex, I'm not sure I can say the score due to the NDA (?) but I am presumably allowed to say it was >95%.

Cheers,

Mathew

11. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

95%...:eek:... Bravo! :D that sounds good to me, whats the pass rate for an exam like that?

I have no idea what NDA is but I presume from your ? that you don't know either :p so I'll save my questions for another day :)

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  12. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Congratz! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  13. MJN

MJN Bit Poster

NDA = Non Disclosure Agreement. Fairly standard stuff for certifications/qualifications which, as a candidate, you must sign up to and basically agrees that your will not discuss/publish issues such as the content of the exams. I believe this also extends to pass marks and scores hence my apprehension to do so have only just got mine! :biggrin

Mathew

14. BosonMichael

How would you know, considering that scores aren't given on a percentage basis, the score range is from 300-1000, and the questions might or might not be weighted or graded on a sliding scale?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  15. MJN

MJN Bit Poster

Just a simple relative calculation without discussing actual scores.

Mathew

16. BosonMichael

Well... ya can't calculate unless you know the formula, and unless you're the wizard behind the curtain at Cisco who possesses that formula, you can only guess.

Just sayin. :)

17. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass...
    No matter what the percentage 8)

18. MJN

MJN Bit Poster

My secret's out! :)

It was just on the principle of if you get nothing right (0%) you'd get 300, if you get everything right (100%) you'd get 1000, I'll leave the rest in-between as an exercise for the reader!

Has anyone had any experience of the CCDA? In particular, the self-study route and any recommendations on study materials?

Mathew

19. BosonMichael

Well, as I mentioned before, that's true if Cisco doesn't weight questions, give partial credit, or use a sliding scale. And they're not saying.

20. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Bit late to the party, but Congrats! 8)