yay i passed!

Discussion in 'A+' started by zet, Aug 24, 2009.

1. zet

zet Byte Poster

Hey guys,

I just took my A+ 601 and 602 and I passed!

601 - 829
    602 - 735

Interesting story, firstly I had only booked the essentials exam and at I thought I had failed :rolleyes:. Once I finished the lady was going to let me take the second exam but I said that I hadn't booked it etc, she let me know that I could book it now! I thought I might wait a few days but decided to take a risk, it can't be that much harder. And hey presto, i passed! :biggrin

The end!!

Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  2. zet

zet Byte Poster

by the way, do I goto the compTIA website to get the certification sent to my house or does vue handle it?

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

Comptia should automatically send out the certs, if you've heard nothing after 8 weeks (I believe), then contact Comptia.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. simonkn

simonkn Bit Poster

Well done Zet,

I'm aiming to be there soon...

SK

5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Good job with the exam. Not always easy attempting two of them in a single day, just trying one exam usually leaves you mentally exhausted.

You earned yourself a little break.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  7. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

If my memory isn't playing tricks, I think you have to log in to the comptia website and request the cert/confirm your details before it's sent out.
    I'm pretty sure your score report from the testing centre has instructions at the bottom so best check that.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  8. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations!

9. zet

zet Byte Poster

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the positive feedback. The reason I posted here was simply because you guys are more likely to appreciate and value obtaining the A+ certification. My friends and family don't fully understand what it means to be certified mainly because the majority are accustomed to the traditional education system and mainly because they're not involved with the IT industry.

On that note, I'd like to ask how do you guys present the compTIA A+ on your C.V's? What I mean is do you put down 'compTIA A+ certified' or something like 'compTIA A+ certified IT Technician.' I'm asking this because I'm going under the presumption that not all employers would be aware of the IT certs out there. So, I want to present this on my C.V in a way that would help unaware employers take note of the A+ cert without seeming to 'cocky' about it.

10. romeospadre

romeospadre Bit Poster

Congrats

Well done

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70 - 270 For MCSA + MCTS 70 - 680
  11. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

Well done you killed 2 birds with 1 stone. HaHa :biggrin

Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

A+ 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. ooberman

ooberman Bit Poster

The careerid part of the comptia website is down at the moment and has been for a few weeks, I took the 602 about 3 weeks ago and still cant login to request my cert :(

Congrats on the pass though :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: ???
  14. McTaff

McTaff Bit Poster

Congratulations Zet.

As Ooberman noted, the website is down at the moment, and has been for quite a while, poor show IMO considering the high cost of CompTIA exams. When you are able to log on though, as well as ordering your certificate you'll be able to download the CompTIA A+ graphic which looks very good on a CV.

As far as your family and friends not appreciating your achievement goes, your probably in the same boat as a lot of us, but it might help if you tell them it's comparable to a GCSE on the National Curriculum Framework (I'm working from memory but I think that's right - please correct me if I'm wrong guys).

Certifications: ITIL v.3, MCDST, CompTIA A+, Network+
    WIP: Scratching my head in frustration
  15. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I think you may be right.
    I just tell family and friends that I'm qualified to break their computer in new and interesting ways that they'd never think of themselves. Seems to do the trick.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  16. zet

zet Byte Poster

haha, thanks for all the feedback guys. Yeah, it appears the compTIA login thingy is broken. As for family and friends understanding, my father summed it up nicely, he said 'you spend all your time going through the education system and getting a degree but the certifications hold more value.' < That was aimed at me not in general:biggrin

17. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Congrats on the pass!

-Obie

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)