yahoo mail dilemna

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wires_are_bad, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Wires_are_bad

Wires_are_bad Nibble Poster

Hey guys

If someone created a yahoo.co.uk email account is there any way to get yahoo.com mail directed to the uk account?

A friend of mine has just got some business cards made for his company, but has put his email down as [email protected]. Problem is he created an account as [email protected] :blink

He spent quite a bit of money on the business cards :rolleyes: I just wondered if their was a solution!

Cheers :biggrin

Certifications: Bsc Business I.T (2:1)
    WIP: A+ and N+
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

cant he create a [email protected] (whats on his business card aswell?)

3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I haven't used Yahoo! for a long time, but when I had an account, I'm sure .co.uk and .com both worked for what was nominally a .co.uk address.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  5. Wires_are_bad

Wires_are_bad Nibble Poster

Thanks for your replies

Since I posted this up I've done quite a bit of research on the matter.

Apparently .co.uk and .com yahoo addresses aren't one in the same. If you registered with a .co.uk address than any mail sent to the .com address will fail, so I've found out.

I tried to register another account for him (identical email username, just with .com instead) but it says the name had already been taken.

If the account is deleted it will take 90 days to delete from their system, so wont be able to create a new mail address with the same name until then.

Bluerinse your right, if he could have registered the same address under a .com, their is an option to forward all mail.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Certifications: Bsc Business I.T (2:1)
    WIP: A+ and N+