Xtreamer

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Raffaz, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Just bought one of these and im well impressed. Ive been using netgear media streamers for years and this blows them away.
    I decided to look for a new streamer because the netgear EVA8000 doesnt support windows 7, and it doesnt look like netgear are going to resolve this issue so im unable to stream any HD content.
    I set the xtreamer up yesterday and have been messing around with it and it works flawlessly, you can stream all your media from your PC to your TV, play music, go on youtube etc and use internet radio.
    Ive also ordered the etrays which is released next month so il have NAS aswell :)
    If any of you lot are looking for something like this then buy one:)
    www.xtreamer.net
    www.thextreamer.com

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Wow that eTRAYz looks good ! :eek::biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Raffaz

Yeah, the etrayz is awesome and the price is class aswell for what it can do :)

4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I checked it out too. One word.. Awesome 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Raffaz

Ive got my etrayz pre-ordered, cant wait to get my hands on it! Get a special price of €59 if you have already got the xtreamer :D

6. Geekzilla

Geekzilla Nibble Poster

It does look a seriously good bit of kit, and a very nice price. Think I will stick with the PS3 though as I could not see that it does anything that the PS3 has not been doing for ages.

Certifications: None, Yet
    WIP: Comptia A+
  7. Raffaz

Yeah, the PS3 plays most formats, but it cant play .mkv, .ogg, .flac, and more obscure formats such as those. Not really a big issue though.

8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

It does look pretty cool I've got to admit. I do have a PS3 my self and although too bad it doesnt play those formats, I end up converting the video anyways plus with PS3Media Server, it's absolutely awesome!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. Raffaz

Thats what i used to do with the netgear streamers, i would spend loads of time converting stuff, its nice not having to do that now. :)

10. Geekzilla

Geekzilla Nibble Poster

I run the PS3 on Ubuntu 8.10 which plays pretty much anything you throw at it. Although it was a labour of love getting the wireless working, worth it in the end.

I will be recommending the Xtreamer to friends that don't want to go to the expense and installing Linux.

Certifications: None, Yet
    WIP: Comptia A+
  11. Raffaz

Yeah, linux is a bitch for wireless lol :)
    Im pretty sure that the xtreamer is linux based, pretty much explains why it runs so well :D