Xp PRO User name & Password

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by deepdale11, Nov 26, 2005.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

It isn't necessary to lose all the documents and email. When you log on as Administrator find all the old email and documents and save them in another folder. Then remove the computer from the domain. All that needs to be done then is to change the ownership of the files that were saved and they will be available once more. I've done it many times.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

This is possible to do before or after un-joining from the domain. The user profile will still exist under Documents and settings username.domain. I said it's not easy (whichever way you chose) because you need know the files names and extensions that you need to copy. For outlook it could be more complicated *if* at work they were connecting to an Exchange server. If not then the data will be in a file called Outlook.pst and there may be a few of those dotted around. Anyway, as I said, it is possible but just be aware that some effort will have to be put in to re-build the new profile.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)