XP logon screen shows high contrast

Discussion in 'Software' started by philbenson, May 22, 2008.

1. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Hi Guys

There is a key combination which allows you to quickly reset the colour scheme of the XP logon screen back to normal from the high contrast theme. I've done it before but didn't write it down and of course have now forgotten. Anyone know?

This is one of the tricks the pupils at the school here like to do from time to time. Only affects the logon screen - everything back to normal once you've logged on.

Many thanks in advance!

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

quick google turned up Left Alt + Left Shift + Print Screen

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Yes just found that myself - but that only seems to work when the PC has been logged on and gone to the desktop.

each time you log off it goes back into high contrast mode and the shortcut stops working. We have solved this in the past without the need for intricate registry editing.

Wish I could remember

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

On control panel / Accessibility options/ General Tab at the bottom, have you removed the tick from Apply all settings to Logon Desktop ?

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA