XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Phoenix, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

For those of you old enough to be sucked into XCOM (the original, not the heinous remakes) Firaxis are releasing XCOM: Enemy Unknown on Oct 9th, and the demo just went live on Steam (It's short, I beat it already lol)
    Finally an XCOM I can play again! omg i'm so excited to spend hours of my life on this game!
    who else was an XCOM fanatic?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. Demvaril

Demvaril New Member

Me!!! I loved them games and got Xcom-Enemy unkown for Christmas off my wife :) Its very very good!!

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: MTA 98-365....
  3. CronicNeurotic

CronicNeurotic New Member

Never stopped playing them, took me a while to admit it to but terror from the deep was better. I just liked using laser weapons on Enemy unknown because they had no clips.

4. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Would you believe that I've just completed an Amiga A4000 build so that I can play the original again.!?

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  5. CronicNeurotic

CronicNeurotic New Member

I really would. I don't think there is another game I have gone back to so many times over the years, every now and again it comes to that time again. Saying that I have done it a few times with fallout and fallout 2. I have yet to check out the new game but that seems like a good return I might have to try that.

I think one of the most time consuming things for me was rejecting all soldiers who don't have over 70 firing accuracy at rookie and after psi training getting rid of the ones with not enough psi strength heh.