Xbox One Titanfall pack and Playing Media from PC

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Kitkatninja, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well, went out and got one today. Traded my Xbox 360, Kinect, Media Controller, about 10 games and some cash to get it. Currently downloading the Titanfall game as you get a code with the console not a disc. Can't wait to play, however at this rate, it may be tomorrow now, lol...

Only thing that I'm disappointed about the Xbox one: Currently it does not have the ability to stream from devices, such as your PC, like the 360 did. You're able to stream from your PC to the Xbox though via the "Play to" option.

There is a work around... To install a free program such as Media Browser 3 onto your PC - this turns your PC into a web streaming server, then you can use your Xbox to stream via your internal LAN. The only thing that I've found is that you have to access this via Internet explorer on the Xbox and guess what... You need a gold account...

So far, I'm pleased with it...

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I refuse to pay for Xbox Live, dont have a gold account, only ever connected my xbox to internet once, and that was only to update the software.

I'd be interested in a media device for streaming, etc, but don't want pay £500+ for a NUC.

So is it any good if like myself you refuse to get milked by Microsoft ?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I am thinking of doing the same... Although I'll probably get Titanfall on the PC.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Dont get me started on the xbox one, i mean what were they thinking. When i go back to the 360 im like ahhhhhhh, this is how it should be. Granted the graphicand the kinect are better, but the UI is appaling. They have done updates recently but still its rubbish. Im trying to sell mine, think at this rate ill end up chucking it at the wall.

I do hear titan fall is meant to be good, but so was ghosts, and that aint all that.

Also with the 360 you still get free games, this month is Civilization revolution, which i have already, but its a great game like. I played it the other day for 8 hours against 2 friends, one who is in the US, brilliant.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So I have been toying with the XBONE for a couple of weeks now and the only reason I haven't bitten the bullet is the lack of media playback.

I use Plex Server at home, it's really great for media information and as such great for media playback on the PC or tablets (iPad and Surface) but the playback is pretty limited on the PS3 I have at home.

Now I have been following a thread over on the Plex forums and it looks like an XBONE Plex app is coming soon (actually as is media playback natively).

I am not a great console gamer and am more interested in the media playback side of things with the XBONE (including the Virgin Media playback functionality) so gaming isn't a major thing for me (although I am looking at the XBONE \ Fifa package).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA