XBox 360 Small Fonts on Widescreen Mode

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Fergal1982, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I've got a widescreen TV, so switched the Xbox into widescreen mode. When I load most games, the screen text is ridiculously small. So small as to be unreadable (Like GoW, and especially so for Tiger 08).

However, If I switch it back to normal mode, I get the annoying black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Annoyingly, it doesnt seem to be consistent. Halo 3, for instance, in widescreen mode isnt too bad. Whilst the text is a little on the small side, its tolerable enough. Tiger is just plain impossible to read the text on screen, even up close.

Has anyone else got these problems? And does anyone know any way to resolve it? Short of buying a 42" HDTV (on my list of things to get eventually)?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I had this issue when I had an Xbox360 I sorted it by adjusting the TVs aspect ratio. Have you tried that?

Also try setting your xbox to 720p or 1080 but don't use the top one 1080p (I think) as that should only be used if your tv supports it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nope, no problems at all...

...waitasec, I don't have an XBox 360... :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Have you got the mode settings on your TV or console matching? Don't mix NTSC with PAL devices, interlaced with non-interlaced, etc...

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Using a Sharp 32" lcd (widescreen) with no probs

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)