wyse S50 terminal citrix issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dales, Jan 3, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

Has anyone got any experience with an issue im having with the above thin client. the S50 is a linux thin client with which I have installed the firefox and ICA addons. The idea is that these will be used to access our extranet externally, However we are having issues with the equifax certificate that our citrix servers use.

We get the error message that "you have chosen not to trust equifax security certificate" after logging into the extranet and launching an app. This issue is well documented on the net (I have also replicated the issue on a ubuntu pc and have copied the certs to the cacerts folder to resolve the issue).

However when I try and save the certs in the TC, it seems to save ok but when you go to view the certs directory (//usr/lib/citrix/keystore/cacerts) the copied certificates have a folder type icon by them with no file size and when clicking on them it says the file cannot be found. The other preinstalled certificates in that directory appear as files with sizes and clicking on them produces the normal open dialogue box. So I think this may be a permissions issue but im not sure how to get round it.

I'm really proberbly looking for someone who actually has one or more of these and has administered them for a while, we have only just bought one in to test with but so far its not looking good!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I know nothing about Citrix so view my suggestions in the light of that!

To get info about a file I *much* prefer issuing ls -l on a command line rather than using a GUI. That way you get to discover if a file is a link, or has a suid bit set, or some other oddity.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

im afraid that this is a very customised version of linux with no terminal to speak of from install, as its a thin client it really is just a desktop with the ability to load addons from wyse and normal network protocols, and get user config files from ftp. Thats about it. There are no programs to speak of which is why we wanted them for use with citrix (so the loveable users cant break them quite so regularly as the laptops we've issued in the past :rolleyes:)

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  4. hbroomhall

No shell access - even from the superuser?

Harry.

5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

there is no user logon, if you want to set generalised perms then you say either high-med or none, have a look at the pic, I took it with my phone. It shows you pretty much every option there is too see on the terminal. Which is why I wondered if anyone actually had one of these devices as its a linux box in kernal only really. the spec of the machine is 64MB flash (where all the os and progs are stored) and 128MB ram.

Attached Files:

6. hbroomhall

Hm - as I don't know the box I can't really comment.

The only thing I can think of is if it has sshd added (which I believe is possible) then you could ssh into it and do it that way!

Harry.