WWE wrestler kills family and himself

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Jun 27, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

It would appear that famous WWE wrestler Chris Beniot has Killed his family and himself after WWE staff contacted the local sherriff to investigate why he hadnt appeared to record the latest taping of smackdown.

It also appears that there are different stories coming from authorities and WWE as to what was found at the crime sceneso I havent posted any links in case they are incorrect.

Its quite weird to belive that anyone with such a following of young children and adults would do something like that especially one who is made out to be one of the nice guys.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I read about that today. I dont watch wrestling but I didnt know who Chris Benoit was but to do something like this is just too much. How can any be like that.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Steroids affect the mind, my friends.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Do they indeed.. i didn't realise that.

Thanks BM!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

steriods do effect the mind guys but lets not forgot the millions of head knocks and whacks and the guy will have had and he my of always been set to do it even if he'd never got into WWE, millions of guys take steriods everyday without going loopy, maybe the poor sod had been stuggling for years to live with himself, mental illness is a very hard thing to understand but i can safely say he proberly didnt wake up one morning and decide to kill himself after being of "normal" mind the rest of his life,

RIP his family

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  6. BosonMichael

My mother and father both got addicted to steroids, and their moods changed negatively while they were taking them. My mother even commented on how badly her moods changed whenever she had to take them - she was prescribed prednisone for her asthma.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Im not saying they dont change moods mate in just pointing out that it could of been a mental thing and not down to the steriods, as these guys arent on them every day there cycled, so there off them more than their on them, i just felt like saying the guy might of had struggles with in for a long time.

8. BosonMichael

I understand that. However, I mention it because prescription anabolic steroids were found in his home where he killed himself and his family. Additionally, his now-deceased wife had filed for divorce in 2003 because he "lost his temper and threatened to strike [her] and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties", and had actually destroyed furniture on several occasions. Sounds like roid rage to me.

Regardless of whether steroids were involved or not, he was definitely screwed in the head to have killed his wife and 7-year-old son. It very well could have been completely a mental thing. We'll never know for sure.

Almost as screwed up was the fact that there are a series of needle marks in his 7-year-old's arm. Supposely, they had been giving him growth hormones because they were concerned that he was too small.

9. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Of course there would of been, you cant get to that superhuman size without them , id be surprised if they werent Deca or Dianabol (which Arnie Schwarzenegger used to claim were the breakfast of champions (before they were banned in bodybuilding))

Yep and to me

Is it definate he did this for sure now then?

Growth hormones dont go in the arm and a proffessional man like himself with the knowledge of getting a body like his would know the damaging effects and the fact they wouldnt of been that effective on a boy that hadnt stopped growing naturally yet.
    Plus you can tell that he didnt even used them himself, the one definate sign of growth hormone is the ab area swells from the intestings growing larger than normal, the ab area then doesnt look like a six pack but a turtules shell, chris didnt have this.
    Id be very surprised if this about his son was true and not media hype to be honest

10. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Here's an Official Statement from the WWE, including a comment on steroids and its potential influence.

This is quite, quite sad. Eddie Guerrero was a tragedy. This is saddening. Thoughts go out family and friends.

EDIT: also a timeline provided by the WWE.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  11. cHk4

cHk4 Nibble Poster

I read this half asleep this morning, thought it was a wind up, just saw it on CNN. Quiet shocked tbh :cry:

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCTS
  12. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I cant believe it, I dont know what to think. I remember when Benoit joined the WWF, such a shame for it to end like this.

Judging by that WWE link, it seems it was thoughout rather then a random act.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  13. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Thanks for posting this, just echo's my pinot how the media jump on things, im not daft enough to understand that the guy would of never done steriod's, look at the size of him, but in the same point the contestents from Mr Olympia are also drugs tested from steriods
    For anyone interested....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzPsyzvF-yM&mode=related&search=

This is Ronnie Coleman if you look at his belly at 58-60seconds into the clip you will see what i mean about the turtel shell six pack, this is HGH side effects,(human Growth Hormone) and as from the size of the guy you can tell his not just on the odd protein shake here lol, but sorry my point being is that he also is a police officer , (he does do the miniumal hours a year to be able to keep the rank) but he is drugs tested in competitions and for his job. Yet he passes all tests. Which does prove the steriod subsence doesnt stay in the body for long, whats injected/swollowed turns into something else in the body quite quickly, hence one of the reasons why its classed as a steriod in the first place. Nobody in the contests at that level really cares as their all on it, its apart of the competition to work out the best cycles and stack to get best growth its just so the public are so horrified i guess that their tested.
    Im rambling sorry as this sport and people views does intrest me, its nieve to think that just because Chris pasted drugs testing that he wasnt taking steriods in his career its just they are not necessarily the reason for him losing the plot and is unfair to judge before the blood reports come back, but the fact they were killed over a period of a few days does as the article suggests it was through thought and not a fit of rage, this again though could be WWE's way of covering over but i doubt it as the police will at some point release their findings and if they differ from the WWE press release completely i can see WWE loosing to much, they wouldnt risk it.
    Media at work doing the best it does i guess

For anyone again thats intersted and doesnt know Eddie Guerrero died in 2005 of heart failure due to a past of being addicted to Alcohol and pain killers, if memory serves me right though the media orginally blamed this on steriods, i could be wrong on that though as that might of been Davey Boy Smith's death.

I'd honestly like to see a link where it talks about the needle marks on his son's arm? If you could find one or tell me where your source was id love to read it?

14. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Another Link

It mentions the needle marks on the son, but cites he was being given growth hormones and were not being treated as suspicious or part of the incident.

Probably best to leave speculation like that alone. Benoit's two other kids, and the rest of their families, will be having a hard enough time reading what the press will have to offer.

I've already seen one or two blogs blaming 'roid rage', and the 'perfect body' culture set (and apparently encouraged) by McMahon in the WWE.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  15. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Bit Poster

Hi Guys, Been following this story since yesterday when i found out. Totally shocked! I'm not gonna go into a debate about this but here's my 2 pence worth!

Me and my family are big fans of Wrestling in general. We go to live SmackDown and Raw every year when they hit the UK. I have met Chris Benoit twice after live shows and have Autographs signed by him. This guy was a Total Professional when it came to his work. He was respected by everyone he met and I do mean everyone. But something like this is unbelievable and will undo every good thing he has done in his life. The evidence looks clear for all of us. He did it. Cant imagine what his wife and son were going through. Now to the Steroid part. A few of you were commenting on Anabolic Steroids and Big guys can only look big if Steroids are involved. Thats untrue. To be honest Chris Benoit was not as big as some people think. Yes he was muscular, But to the standard of BIG no. The prescribed Steroids I imagine were for the pain the guy lived with due to injury's sustained to nearly 2 decades of putting his body through hell including a Broken neck/Spinal injury. But to the point! He got off lighty with the suicide for killing Wife Nancy and son Daniel.

Cheers for reading.:shocked

WIP: CIW1D0-510, CIW1D0-520, CIW1D0-525
  16. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Ooo i agree thats way i just wanted to see where it was righten down now i understand and it seems all to have come from that one acticle.Which i think has been grately emblesished. Just watched the video of the police interview,no meantion on there of these marks and i know the footage finished before the interview does but with the kind of answers the police where giving (the type where its general not specific so they can be miss quoted) i cant see either of them saying about these marks and linking them to HGH its to risky for their jobs to make unfounded statements like that.
    think people should just ignore that sites points about it until something is definately stated, which i doubt it ever will be.

Very sad anyway

RIP

17. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Some good points made mate and im sorry i did think he was one of the BIG guys , he does look it in the photos ive seen but never seeing him in real life, i believe if you say he wasnt that big. also good points why he might need prescribetion steriods, would be interesting to hear the list the police found.
    And yes he did get off lightly in this world, if there is a next i wonder what he'll be put through there.

18. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Its been intresting reading the posts on here after creating this thread.

The things is no one actually knows what mad Chris do this maybe steriods maybe too many knocks on the head maybe both, the main concern should be for his remaining family.

Also whats going to happen with the WWE story line at the moment where Mr McMahon has apparently been blown up in his limo and the FBI are investigating.

And will the WWE drug testing policy come under scrutiny?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  19. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Thats your main concern isnt it lol

Maybe but nothing will change,if its a WWE drug Testing Policy and WWE are aware ( ill say some) wrestlers are taking steriods their not going to catch there main stars out are they, again id say its just for public show mainly

20. BosonMichael

Supposedly, his last drug test came back negative for steroids... even though he was taking this "prescribed" steroid. And I use the term "prescribed" loosely - a news report on the radio said that he was prescribed the steroid from an Internet pharmacy that was busted for illegally prescribing steroids back around April.