WSUS Version download Help - 70-290

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by steveh2001, Aug 1, 2010.

1. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Hi guys,

Busy studying for my 70-290 and have hit a bit of a wall. Am just going through the MS Press book 2nd edition, page by page and have just got to the WSUS chapter.

It states that SUS should be retired from the exam, so it covers WSUS in the chapter. However, the screenshots show only an IE based version of WSUS in the chapter. I have setup WSUS V3 at work, using the MMC version, but cannot see where to download this IE version (I assume to be V1?) so I can run through the book with it.

If I google WSUS V2 it also shows screenshots of the MMC based version, so I guess it is V1!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Steve

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  2. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Dont worry - managed to find it - the screenshots you get when you search for WSUS 2.0 look exactly like 3.0 - managed to find a download of 2.0 and this was the IIS version.

Cheers

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, just saw this.

Without breaking the NDA... Don't get to caught up with the versions of SUS/WSUS for the exam, just like the exam will not expect you to worry about if the question is based on RTM Windows 2003, Win 2k3 SP1, Win 2k3 SP2, Win 2k3 R2, etc...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Cheers Ken - having read through and worked through using V2, it all seems fairly similar to V3 anyhow - just a bit annoying that they publish materials linking to V2, but make it very difficult to download!!

Thanks again