Wrong Books

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by djw, Apr 8, 2010.

1. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Hi,

Quick question. If I had picked up the Microsoft Press books on the cheap (2nd hand) and realised too late that they were the 1st editions, would I get away with 20 odd pages at the end of the books that briefly mention service pack 2 or would I be better off cutting my loses and getting the 2nd editions of the books?

Thanks,

D

Certifications: A+, MCDST
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

The core concepts remain the same, I wouldn't have any issues with using a first edition on an exam as long as I also knew what was missing from the book that's covered in a 2nd edition (for the most part the exams are all based on first edition OS's anyway, for example there isn't an exam out for 2003 R2 or 2008 R2).

If you also got them at a good deal why pay out twice?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Thanks for the reply. Will probably just go with it and see what happens.

D

Certifications: A+, MCDST