1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writer Arthur C Clarke dies at 90

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Fergal1982, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Writer Arthur C Clarke dies at 90

British science fiction writer Sir Arthur C Clarke has died in Sri Lanka at the age of 90.

The Somerset-born author came to fame in 1968 when short story The Sentinel was made into the film 2001: A Space Odyssey by director Stanley Kubrick.

Sir Arthur's vision of future space travel and computing captured the popular imagination.

Full Story: Here
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. David S

David S Bit Poster

A great writer and amazingly forward thinking scientist. His 2001 book series is still one my favourites. He'll be missed.
    WIP: A+
  3. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

I wonder if his first words after crossing over were:

"My God, it's full of stars!"

Not to make light of his passing in any way, but this would be fitting and then some.

I've got a classroom in part of my store that I do instruction in. It's equipped with a projector and a 100 inch screen with surround sound. I think I'm going to have to use it for non-business purposes and watch 2001 again next week.
    Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

He was a great writer and a great visionary. He saw the future before it happened. The rest of us had to wait until we got there. Peace.
    Certifications: A+ and Network+