would you...

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cyphertheory, Aug 3, 2010.

1. cyphertheory

cyphertheory Bit Poster

sit an exam with an examination center that had a website that looked like this?

http://www.western-intl-college.co.uk/

seems to be hard to find someone who can do a comptia exam on a weekend, these guys are the only ones I have found in the south east/London area

what do you guys think?

Certifications: MCDST, Network+ C&G NVQ lvl 3
    WIP: 70-682 I think :P
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yes, I would. Because, ultimately, the only thing the examination center provides is access to the computer I use to take the test and access to the chair I rest my bottom on. As long as my scores are transmitted to Prometric or VUE, I couldn't care less about how their company does business, ya know?

So what's the worst-case scenario - they lose your score, right? Complaining to Prometric or VUE will set that problem straight.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

They are a testing centre, if they are the closest to me with the time that I want... Why not?...

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Waria Ahmed

Waria Ahmed Byte Poster

Ive actually used them twice.. Nothing wrong with them to be honest.

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Just because their web designer has had a hard life, doesn't mean they aren't a decent test centre...

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. cyphertheory

cyphertheory Bit Poster

cool, thats good enough for me if you said they were fine. i'll get that exam booked then.

my concern is if they can't keep a decent web page together, whats to say that the kit they have to do the exams on arn't run down. impressions do count

Certifications: MCDST, Network+ C&G NVQ lvl 3
    WIP: 70-682 I think :P
  7. Len

Len Byte Poster

:lolbang:

On a more serious note; does nescot not have a testing centre for comptia A+? or is that too far?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
    Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Prometric and Vue have minimum specs that the machine have to be, otherwise the software won't run...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

This. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

The kits a bit old, but then it is at a lot of test centres. The guy there is really helpful and one of the very few test centres I've found that opens evenings and weekends.

Test centres tend to be of two varieties, small ramshackle places run for a few extra cents by colleges, or posh suites run for a few extra cents by professional training companies...

11. Waria Ahmed

Waria Ahmed Byte Poster

Theres a park near the test centre that I enjoyed having a nice "calm me down before the test" walk :D

Passed both times :) He tried selling me a MCSE course on my second visit though

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  12. toshiba145

toshiba145 Nibble Poster

is this test centre near victoria station?

Certifications: A+, CCNA
    WIP: MCITP
  13. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I use them to take my exams. The exam room is fine. Usual exam room setup.

I used to use one in holborn run by parity training. The exam room had a cracking view over London Towne, and the receptionist bird was as fit as a butchers mutt. :twisted:

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  14. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

They do, and the testing room has a nice view out of the window, I onced watched the gardener mow the lawn while i was taking an MS Exam, what a surprise I failed the exam. but he did do a splendid job of the borders.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree