Would you support this company?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by BosonMichael, Nov 5, 2008.

?

Would you do business with this company?

1. Yes - it doesn't matter to me, as long as I get my voucher discount.

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. No - I don't want to do business with any company that is associated with braindumps.

30 vote(s)
    96.8%
  1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Come on BM spill the beans already!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

its gonna be someone like getcertify******* or something isnt it!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

maybe, I think it could be a major player.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Quick! Remove it before they sue you... :twisted:

5. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

Yes I see what you are saying. They shouldn't be available from any "trainer". I can remember I got told from a training provider the BEST way to study for the exam is to sit through the CD-Rom questions, and do them, and any that I get wrong to revert to the booklet and read a few paragraphs on it until I get 90-100% on the questions. Probably not a braindump, but bad practise, and so even a braindump would be far worse. The qualifications mean nothing if you don;t have the knowledge required to do the job

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I wouldn't go near them, for the same reasons stated.

People would need to realise that although you may be saving a few bucks on the exam cost, in reality your funding a braindump company, who in essence devalue the cert. In the long run, you'd lose you money as the cert becomes somewhat worthless.

I'd like to know who this company is also, if you wouldn't mind a PM or a post BM. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. Taita

Taita Nibble Poster

Post the answer please!

Also, some evidence. Are BOSON a training provider?

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

NO! :twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

Has Boson uncovered "Braindump gate":eek:

WIP: C++ and A+
  10. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Id like to know, just out of curiosity now, so whoever you have pm'd speak up lol

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  11. mickaveli2001

PM me, I know plenty of grasses lol

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't agree with using them for ANY reason, even AFTER you are certified. Consider this: what if you take the CCNA, pass it, study the braindumps, then take the CCNA later to recertify, and they have the same questions? Does it make it OK that you used the braindump? Of course not.

Besides... Microsoft and Cisco aren't gonna make the distinction if they catch you using a braindump... you never know who is actually behind the company you buy them from or the torrent you download them from. Just sayin'... there's NO excuse for using them.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. BosonMichael

I don't have the evidence, so I have nothing I can offer but a link to the man who DOES have what he believes to be evidence. I will post that link as soon as he's posted the info on his site.

Yes, Boson is a training provider that offers practice exams, simulator training, and classroom training (in Tampa).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  14. BosonMichael

Not I... but someone has. I'm simply preparing your minds for the information someone has told me. Other than pointing you to the information (which I will do as soon as it's posted), I've had nothing to do with the research or allegations.

The person who discovered the information has simply asked me how he should proceed - whether he should post the information publicly, mark the site(s) as being linked to braindumps, contact them (as he has tried to do in the past), or do nothing. It was my opinion that, based on what the general consensus was on CF, that he should post what he knows along with the evidence he's got, and let people decide for themselves whether they want to use a company like that.

From the responses you guys have given, it's pretty clear that, if the evidence were strong enough, you guys would no longer use that company. Since I myself have no evidence other than what you guys will be shown, you guys will have to make that decision on your own. :)

15. GiddyG

Well, good on him but I hope he has cast iron evidence that he can back up in a court of law... just in case. :rolleyes:

16. BosonMichael

I haven't PMed anyone, because it's not my information to share. I'll send you straight to the source when he's posted it. Sorry I can't reveal anything sooner - but my information is second-hand knowledge.

17. BosonMichael

Well... that's one reason why I'm not posting anything... because *I* don't have any proof; he does.

18. GiddyG

Agreed... I'll keep my eyes open for the link. :eek:

19. mickaveli2001

I'm not to clued up on the certification lengths. I just assumed the majority of IT certs were valid for lifetime, but what you said about the CCNA thing, no it doesn't make it OK

20. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

some certs only last for a certain amount of time before they get updated, some Microsoft exams only last 3 years then you have to retake them if you still want the status.

The A+ and N+ are for a lifetime.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?