Would you say the 800 series is worthless?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Juelz, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Due to its content being outdated? It focuses on old tech like XP Vista and other redundant things like IDE..

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I don't think its worth paying £230+ for an A+ for most people. It really depends on the individual, their CV and their aspirations.

It sounds like maybe 20-30% of the A+ could be outdated or irrelevant at any one point in time. So its an ok course, but yeah I wouldn't hang on every bit of info in the syllabus and assume its what you need to know.

Comptia are mostly in the business of making money from exams, they aren't purely educators or technologists.

In the UK at least, I think there are many ways to prove yourself and land an entry level job, they don't all involve certification exams.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  3. Vince Polston

Vince Polston Nibble Poster

I think it's totally worth going for @Juelz :)

I say that because working in the field.. I still run into XP workstations and believe it or not IDE as well.

Also when someone looks at your resume they are just looking for the A+ and not specific 800/900 series so long as it is current.