would you say A+ is needed before N+?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Juelz, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Would you say it would be wise to pass A+ before going for N+? Im just thinking ahead really, I am currently studying for the MTA Network Fundamentals exam which I dont think will take me that long tbh, really enjoying learning about networks and may possibly be a career aim.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Ideally the A+ would be the first exam to take out of those two but of course if you feel confident after the Network Fundamentals you may be able to pass the N+ instead.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Having a fundamental understanding of how hardware works and communicates with each other is really useful. I personally found the Mike Meyers A+ book fascinating. For me, it was about want more than need, but I feel somebody with that fundamental knowledge will stand a better chance of going on to being a better tech..

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hmm thanks for the advice.. I think I will just sit the A+ but wait for the 900 series as Im guessing that will be out at some point this year.