Would you drink this stuff?...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by delorean, Jan 23, 2009.

1. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Recently both Budweiser and Miller brewing companies were ordered to reformulate their caffienated alcoholic malt beverages due to giving in to nannyism.

A new company has stepped up to the plate and devised a successor to both beverages. If you are unfamiliar with Budweiser Extra or Miller Sparks, they were basically both beer mixed with caffiene, taurine, gurana and flavours etc. Sparks was an orangey taste, Bud Extra was a raspberry taste. Both were excellent for party nights and even casual supping.

I just got asked by an island importer to trial this new stuff called Four LOKO and Four Maxed. LOKO weighs in at an astonishing 11% Alcohol by vol in a 24oz can. Maxed is not far behind at 10% in a 16oz can.

Has anyone on these forums tried these drinks before? I'm looking forward to giving them a whirl tonight!

p.s: I know, my breakfast bar needs a clean up! :biggrin

Attached Files:

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

TBH I try to avoid drinks charged with a whole mixture of stuff.

Just got back from a night round my parents - they got back from 2 months in Australia today - was drinking Glenfiddich on the rocks, though started out drinking standard whisky with lemonade to take off the pinch.

Any drinks that are charged with sugar, caffeine, or anything else, play havoc with your gut, give you a beast of a hangover, and you have to brush your teeth five times the next day to get rid of the erosion taste and neon.

Mind you, that's probably just my experience :biggrin you'll probably have a good time drinking 'em!! :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I'm actually drinking Four MAXED Citrus (the yellow cans) right now and it's absolutely DELICIOUS!

It's like sucking on green and yellow fruit gums and lemon drops or sherbet lemons. Not overly sweet though but really REALLY nice!

Wonderful stuff! YUM!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

That is just wrong, putting ice in a malt whisky. Whatever next, you'll be drinking lite beer next 8)

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Any good?

Not for me personally.

Beer is beer
    Whisky is whisky

End of :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. danlewis88

danlewis88 Bit Poster

Sounds like something i would drink.
    Im a big fan of Red bull, so Red bull and alcohol seems a great thing for me:)

WIP: MCDST, MCSE
  7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Used to drink Vodka and Red Bull many years ago.

Dont know if you can still get it tho. :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. danlewis88

danlewis88 Bit Poster

Yeah you can. But not in a can though. Which might be a idea:D

WIP: MCDST, MCSE
  9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Trust me Del - no matter how gross some of that sounds, it couldn't possibly compare to Orxata - the single grossest drink I've ever tasted. And don't tell me you like it...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I generally find that if you mix a drink with lots of stuff if done right then it will be sound.

Take Viking beer for instance:

0.5 litre vodka
    4 cans of boddingtons
    4 cans of lager
    4 275ml bottles of bud
    2 bottles of orange hooch
    a capful of whiskey
    Litre of lilt
    A ladel.
    All mixed in a bowl

If this dish is made correctly it tastes like lilt with a bit of twang but be warned it gets you f****** mortaled :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. Renllek

Renllek New Member

Anyone know of a UK retailer for this stuff?? Im likeing the look of this...................:twisted:

WIP: A+