1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would use you this terminology on a cover letter?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by exonje, Jul 23, 2016.

1. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

Hi folks,

Quick question. Would you use this sentence/terminology on a cover letter?

"A lot of my work involves working alone, prioritising tasks as I seem fit. But there are team work aspects, where difficult calls require collaboration with colleagues, sharing knowledge to get the job done and keep the user happy."

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Top Poster
    of the Month

Changes I'd make

A great deal of my work involves working independently, which involves prioritising tasks based on a personal assessment of their importance. The role also includes team-work aspects, where calls may require collaborating with colleagues by sharing knowledge in order to complete the task, and achieve customer satisfaction.

Certifications: MTA Windows Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation, Apple Mac Integration 10.12
    WIP: MTA Networking Fundamentals
    Haroon Mustafa, Pseudonym and exonje like this.
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

The suggestion by Juelz does read better - I have the joy of reading cover letters almost every week just now it seems.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  4. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

Sorry Juelz, I liked your post but forgot to say thanks! Cheers for taking the effort to re-word,really is much appreciated. I used it on my application form.

Juelz likes this.
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Top Poster
    of the Month

No problems, happy to help, good-luck with the job search

Certifications: MTA Windows Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation, Apple Mac Integration 10.12
    WIP: MTA Networking Fundamentals