Worried about A+ exam...

Discussion in 'A+' started by Gaz08, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Gaz08

Gaz08 New Member

Are the sample questions you can get via CompTIA accurate to what will be on the exam? I'm taking the 701/702 series and as far as i understand it's multiple choice of four to five questions? I downloaded this software and it's giving me questions with a choice of 6-7 answers, now if i answer 5 of them correct it's expecting 6 of them correct to mark the whole answer as correct? It's still good to practice since i can go back and review, if i couldn't it would be pointless.

That was confusing let me ask again, on my real exam the questions where i'm asked to select two answers, i will get marks for right answers regardless of whether i complete the question right? so out of A, B, C, D with A and D being the right answers i hope i can answer A, E and get marks for A?

2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

We cannot reveal too much due to the NDA that you read and e-sign at the start of the exam.

I think you would only get marks for getting the whole question right, not part thereof.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  3. Gaz08

Gaz08 New Member

Ok thanks for your reply, I'm not too worried since i'm just following the exam objectives anyway but i thought it would be nice to know what we are graded on... i mean the exam objectives tell you like for 701 you can expect 27% of your marks to come from hardware etc but on the website it just says "multiple choice questions" and nothing about how they are actually graded.

4. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

You are correct in thinking the exam is multiple choice. From memory. there is an objective breakdown with percentages in Mike Meyers' book(s)

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+