World War 3 coming soon???!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by mickaveli2001, Aug 12, 2008.

1. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

With the Georgie conflict kind of dying down, who actually thinks this is the initial spark, which can turn into the worst case scenario? I think it will be mostly media-led rather than politially led

USA (Bush Administration) doesn't control the economy though, and either does Russia, so both have nothing to gain personally from conflict. I wonder who would be pulling the strings for this to errupt into a full blown war

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The Bible says things will get worse and worse and worse until the coming of the Messiah. JMHO and remember...you asked.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

The thing is the next Great war will be a nuclear war... all it will take is one press of a button.. but tbh I think that is what is stopping any world war from happening.

That and no military can cope with that scale of war.. were all ready undermaned and over stretched.

This wont cause the spark.. if Iran got involved then maybe! (but thats my opinion!)

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well said, sadly a lot of people forget that our time on this earth would end one way or the other be it through death, illness, accident and the list goes on.

All am trying to say is that if there is a car coming at 100 miles per hour and would kill someone that does not see it coming is it bad to inform the person? So please, not offence taken or should be taken:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Na, I don't think the current conflict between Russia and Georgia will lead to WW3.

I do think that WW3 (if it ever happens) will be started by destroying economies and financial centres of countries (Stock exchanges, central backs, etc) thru information warfare. Sending a bomb over, and they can always rebuild, destroy an economy and there is no money to rebuild, hence game over... Or am I just over simplifying things? Maybe playing a bit too much Command & Conquer, lol.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

a la Fight Club?

No seriously, I think if war were to happen on an international scale, it would not be World War III, it would be Digital War I.

The range and accessibility of technology, and the fragility of so many infrastructures worldwide, makes this more of a feasible possibility than a physical war. And it could potentially be much more damaging, not in the cost of lives, but in the advancement of the future.

It wouldn't project us back to say, Dark Ages level, but what exactly happened to the world that, despite centuries of advancement theologically and scientifically, the human race was 'forced back' in its thinking and political actions?

You get to a certain point of 'technological and intellectual' enlightenment and then *kaboom* the whole thing implodes on itself.

Okay, so I read too many Chuck Palahniuk books. But IMHO, a logical *world war* is much more of a potential reality than a physical one. If that makes any sense.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. postman

postman Byte Poster

The press and politicians always blow things out of proportion, in a few weeks this will be nothing more than a distant memory.

Maybe we should try to see what it's really like in the area by asking Fergal who I believe is in Azerbaijan.

8. Crito

Crito Banned

I hope the fascists lose this time. :blink

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  9. Wiz

Wiz Bit Poster

Wonder how many countries would get involved

WIP: CIW A+ N+
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come." Matthew 24:6-7a. Plenty of good stuff to read in Matthew 24, for those interested.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Matthew 24... not an introduction to the bible for the faint of heart, but a good solid one nevertheless :)

Not cause you're trying to scare people of course, Mr Michael :rolleyes: :biggrin

... but I don't think this thread is intended for religious speculation. We can take it to PM if you want. lol.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Sorry...I didn't mean to "start something" (again), but it was the first thing that popped into my head by way of a response. That's the problem when you ask for opinions...you get them. :rolleyes:

OK, I'll shaddup now. :oops:

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No need to be scared - that's the whole point of Matthew 24. :)

And as far as being hated because of being a Christian... yep, it's true.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

IM glad you started something about this topic Trip as no one near me seems to want to even talk about it for some daft reason.

It wont escalate into the next world war i believe as the war of words hasnt started. Normally some doo gooding country would stick their oar in and plus as someone mentioned before we are stretched to the limit fight other wars for oil. What do Georgia have that we need, obviuosly nothing otherwise there would be somehting other than a UN messgae of were not going to even attempt to sttop you.

Dont you get the feeling that in this case Russia is being like a big bully bear, there is a ceasefire at the mo but they are literally dictatiing the terms and if they get a sniff of resistance then they will send the planes back in without a doubt.

I hope it doesnt kick off into WW3, the premiership starts this weekend.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  15. postman

postman Byte Poster

The pipeline coming from the Caspian Sea which carries around 1% of the Wests oil supply.

16. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Actually the news caused a flash-back for me to when I was at school and worrying about the Cuba missile crisis. Anybody who is my age may remember that, and this tends to colour our responses to later crises involving USSR/Russia.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  17. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Actually, I only started the faith/religious portion of this thread. See the first post for the actual author.

Harry, while I don't actually remember the Cuban Missile Crisis, my Mom says I was in a little tyke in the hospital, having just had my tonsils removed. My father was in the Air Force at the time and was sitting in a missile bunker with his hand on a key, ready to turn it if he got "the signal".

18. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

There was a film called thirteen days which starred Kevin constner who played a patriotic aide to the president. Typical story, were america and we sorted everything our way. Nethertheless still worth a watch.

As for georgis, which the postman pointed out , i didnt realise they had a massive pipeline, which i really should of worked out as russia wouldnt go into somettyhing if there was no significant advantage to be gained. Or maybe i should of looked into it a bit kmore when the news reported that russia were miffed off with georgias pro western policy.

I hated geaography in school..

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  19. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

How is that any different from any other country that has the upper hand? :hhhmmm:lol:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  20. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

Interesting. Is there any other bible passages that speak of gobal war???

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing