World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by wizard, Feb 3, 2007.

1. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Any other WoWers out there? :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  2. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Yeah Ive been playing for about a year and a half. My main (undead lock) is currently 65, and i've got various other alts. Kinda hard to play it while im studying though.

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

been playing since UK launch, with a break here and there, almost 70 human priest is my main :)
    got chars across 3 accounts though

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Would be fun if we all rolled an alt on the same server and got a cert forum guild going.

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  5. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

56 hight elf hunter is my main.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

My current character is a Level 12 Undead Warrior on Al'Akir.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

well me and a mate just started noobie bloodelves on the maelstrom :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  8. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Haven't been swayed by it yet; by tradition I'm an Elder Scrolls and NWN kinda gall.

Sell the concept to me. Then I'll join, and kick yo a$$ :p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  9. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I can't buy WoW because I'd never get anything else done. Wouldn't eat, sleep, go to work, see my family, nothing.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well sorry to say I dont do WoW, instead I am an MxO player (Matrix Online for those who dont know). I am currently level 33 (which I reached at 8am this morning :eek: ) and my current ability is Kung Fu master (dont even think about the "I know Kung fu" line hehe). I have other abilities which I can load for the required missions and other things. One of the things I love about MxO is that one is able to code their own ability providing they have the right bits for it of course (and they aint easy to come by either). But I do know some people who play WoW and are trying to sway me but I think I am already suckered in MxO with the films...and its said that Neo is probably coming back :blink

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

You know there is nothing wrong with being a hermit my friend...I manage it with MxO. Still go to work (despite having about about 6hrs sleep max and 2hrs sleep min during work week!), I have time to meet friends and go out clubbing and I still play online...I can get about 6-8hrs a night playing online and at the weekend well thats a different story. If I aint going out on a sat nite I can be online from 3pm to 6am the next morning. Like I said in the previous post I reached level 33 from level 32 at 8am this morning and that was from playing at about 6pm last nite so a solid 14hrs!!! :eek: yikes I need to get out more! :biggrin but its all good fun.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  12. Crito

Crito Banned

There are worse things you could be doing... better things too. Like raising your RL character from a level 1 LPIC admin to a level 3 LPIC admin, all in a couple months. 8) And the plat pieces are RL too. :biggrin

I've got a couple WoW characters myself, but they're all below 20. Took me about four years to get my main EverQuest character to level 46. And most of my leveling was just from being grouped during guild raids and the like. There's no way I'm going to spend 10 hours hacking up the same critters over and over again just to gain a stinking level or two. I just don't find that entertaining. I find it repetitive and monotonous. :ohmy

I was using it more as a 3D chat program anyway... and Second Life is better for those kinds of "virtual social gatherings", IMHO. http://secondlife.com/

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  13. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Played WoW since beta in Feb 2005; played Everquest before that, have a 66 druid, 23 warlock atm and some other piddly alts; loved EQ as it was so detailed, yet now looks dated. Love WoW because it takes my mind off things and appeals to my gaming "non-addictive" behaviour.

See this long article on Google Video about how WoW isn't addictive :blink

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5327497459334792260&q=epix

Fsi

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+
    WIP: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  14. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

My other half and i share an account. I play on Steamwheedle Cartel and currently have a 58 Tauren Druid, and a 16 Belf Mage.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present