world cup seats

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by moominboy, Jun 30, 2006.

1. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

A man had great tickets for the World Cup Final. As he sits down, another man comes down and asks if anyone is sitting in the empty seat next to him.

"No," he says. "The seat is empty."

"This is incredible!" says the other man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the World Cup Final, the biggest sporting event, and not use it?"

"Well, actually, the seat belongs to my wife. She was supposed to come with me, but she passed away.

This is the first World Cup Final we haven't been to together since we got married in 1962."

"Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbour to take the seat?"

The man shakes his head. "No. They're all at the funeral."

tm canadian lady humour ltd

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL.

That's like the old golfer joke.

Two guys were playing a round of golf and caught up with an old man playing a round all by himself. They stood on the tee watching as he chipped onto the green, got his putter out and started to line up his putt.

Then a line of cars in a funeral procession came driving slowly by and the old man stopped lining up his putt and stood at attention as the entire line of cars drove by. He then putted out and went on to the next hole.

The two guys behind him were really impressed by his respect for the dead, so when they caught up to him while he was waiting on the next tee they spoke to him and told him how much they admired the respect and courtesy he showed to a funeral procession.

The old man listened to them and then replied, "Well, It's the least I could do. It would have been our 60th wedding anniversary tomorrow."

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1