Worksite Issue

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kopite_21, May 24, 2017.

1. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Good Morning,

Does anyone have experience with Worksite?

I have a user who is trying to open a document in Worksite (Tiff File) but she is presented with the error message below:

Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either photo Viewer dosen't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo viewer.

I believe that this document is about 150 pages long but needs to be opened in PDF format.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Tiff files are an image format, normally produced by scanners. They are not PDF.

Some programs are 'intelligent' in that they can happily work with multiple file formats. You are probably using Acrobat to open the Tiff, this doesn't make it a PDF (unless you use some sort of export feature).

They can contain one or many images, typically one per scanned page, so can be very large.

They can also in some rare instances contain exploit code and be used to attack systems, in a kind of drive by download. So I'd be wary of Tiffs from an untrusted source.

Last edited: May 25, 2017