1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

working on A+

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cmason561, Aug 31, 2006.

1. cmason561

cmason561 Bit Poster

hello again everyone i'm getting well into my mike meyers A+ book now 770 pages in and done a few labs. but i am starting to find i am not actually remembering as much as i need to. i've done a couple of p[ractice exams and i find i'm getting about 50% right but i always seem to get the questions i know should know the answers to wrong. any tips for me? anyone able to tell me the things i REALLY need to memorise? there seems to be so much that you are "supposed" to memorise but some of the things mike meyers says to momorise seem a bit pointless. maybe it's just me lol. any help would be greatley appriciated.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: mcse
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Make notes, make notes, make notes. You will find it sticking in your head so much more.:D

As for what to memorise, any of it's fair game but start with all the IRQs and COM ports, and at least the speeds and cache sizes of the CPUs.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I printed off the objectives and wrote all the things i needed to commit to memory next to them. Buy a pack of postcards and make your own flash cards too.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT