Working Interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by altottenham_hotspur, Aug 17, 2010.

1. altottenham_hotspur

altottenham_hotspur Bit Poster

Hi Guys,

I have managed to get myself a working interview tomorrow, its for a Service Desk Analyst role. Its starts at 9am to 12pm if I have been succesful I will be asked to stay for the rest of the day, then for the next 4/5 weeks, and this could be extended.

Stupid question time, what problems do you think I will be dealing with?

I presume I will be given a script to work from?

My background is breakfix (laptop/desktops) and rollouts but I have been trying to get into the support side, this is my big chance and I dont want to waste it, also been unemployed since June so putting extra pressure on myself to really shine tomorrow.

Cheers

Alex

Certifications: HP Certified, CompTIA A+,MCP,MCDST
    WIP: hhmm
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Ah. Working Interview.... another way of saying "Free Labour".

Script may or may not be present, it depends on how the department works. And the problems depend on the company too to some extent. But you can probably bet on some password resets, some "my computer is slow", and computer broken.

I wouldnt worry too much though, im sure they will give you plenty of opportunity to get help from other people - they cant expect you to know everything, nor how the company policies work, etc. I can probably bet fairly high that they will be looking at your customer service skills in particular, so make sure its up to scratch.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. altottenham_hotspur

altottenham_hotspur Bit Poster

Cheers Fergal1982,

You have put my mind to rest a little

Certifications: HP Certified, CompTIA A+,MCP,MCDST
    WIP: hhmm