Word problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rob1234, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I have searched Google and it seems a few people have had this problem but I haven’t really been able to see a clear fix for the problem. I have a user that whenever he goes to file-close in word 2003 it closes word rather than just his current document he is the only person that has this problem everyone else word works properly for.

Any ideas?

Certifications: A few.
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Have you tried the magic uninstall and reinstall?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

That is what I am going to do next but can't get on the users PC till after lunch so was just chekcing there was not a quicker way.

Certifications: A few.
  4. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

Repair office first uninstall perhaps... ?

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

They both take around the same amount of time.

Uninstall and Reinstall would be best.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

I haven't had this problem with Word but I have had the same thing happen on occasion with Adobe Acrobat.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  7. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

No harm in telling him to delete "normal.dot" ....?

(if he doesn't have any custom templates set up)

...infact..better still. to re-name normal.dot to normal.dot old (or make a copy of it and delete original) so that a new one is created...then you can check to see if the problem persists...

...failing that, uninstall/reinstall ^^...

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE