WOOT!!! DEBT FREE AT LAST!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Nov 9, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yes your correct in what you say about C2D processors E for desktop as in E6400 which is what I have in my desktop and T for lappies.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I agree... but it's not fair for the commenter to say that they're using desktop processors instead of laptop processors... that's wholly incorrect.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Yeah, but the point still stands. You're comparing apples and oranges when you compare systems that are obviously unequal. My next laptop, and my next couple of servers, will all have X2's not Intel cpu's. I figure for what I use them for, I'm not going to notice the difference in performance, but will notice the difference in my power bill as the X2's have been shown to be much more energy efficient at idle than the Intel dual cores. As a dual core from either manufacturer is going to sit idle most of the time, I'll take the energy savings over marginal speed gains.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

BTW Noel,

I agree with all those telling you to back off on buying anything until your mother is paid off. Here she is getting you out of debt with your creditors, and you're going to spend rather than pay off someone who did you that big of favor? Tsk, tsk, tsk....

I'd say your mother deserves to be treated a whole lot better than that. I'd chew out one of step kids big time that would do that their mother. Mothers deserve to be treated with a whole lot of respect. They've more than earned the right.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

My sentiments exactly. Noel, listen to Bill, he is keeping it real 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

What he said and words of wisdom too.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The Anandtech review, as far as I know, uses equal boxes. Thus, the claim that C2Ds are superior to Turions STILL stands.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

ok, first off Phoenix...take that link down :twisted: cant believe u would even suggest such a thing to me!! haha...

for those who are telling me to back off buying a laptop and that I am not out of debt, consider this: my mother did offer to pay my debt for me...the way I see it I am out of debt with 4...yes 4 companies that in the end I probs would have ended up paying more to them than what I eventually paid. Also, my mother knows my plans for wanting a new laptop, she knows that I love computers alot...and not to mention they did just sell the old family home for £590K so its not like they aint poor...on top of that, I would much rather be paying off my mother than anyone else...cos right now she is the only person in the world I can thank for what she has done for me...sorry for getting touchy about this but I dont think any of you realise the situation I was in 6yrs ago when I first left London to live in Newcastle...and it wasnt just about being in debt...me asking for my parents help was more than that...so yeah to you I may still be in debt...but as far as I am concerned...my debt is wiped out...my mother isnt the credit card company or the bank or some mobile phone provider chasing down an £800 bill...I no longer have to worry about a letter coming thru my door saying I owe this and that and if I dont pay within this time Im going to get sent to court...When I spoke to to my mother on the phone and told her I paid it all off, she blew a huge sigh of relief and said: "Thank God, all of our debts are now paid off." Yes that's right even my parents were in debt...bigger amounts than me at least in the hundred thousands...once I get my laptop and finish off the other computers I want to get...I can then concentrate on paying my mother off and in 2 years I know she will get her money back...in the end guys, she's my mother, I love her and she loves me...simple as...once u guys realise this u will understand...

Oh and another thing (and this by now u should all know!!) I know what laptop I want to get...and if its an AMD CPU running in there with ATI graphics (and I wont be using it for hardcore gaming, hence me building a GAMING machine...I will mostly be playing Matrix Online which doesnt need high end graphics and also watching DVDs when im on the train to London to visit my family)then I will get it...please stop advising me on getting a machine with an Intel...I appreciate you are all helping me out here...but once my mind is set no one can change it and no one will change it...unless AMD suddenly went kaboom...only then will I be forced to use Intel or nVidia based systems...

This was meant to be a happy day for me...thanks to you guys, you have dampen that...altho I would like to say thanks for those who said its great that I am finally out of debt...at least they understand...I know exactly what I am doing...which is why I needed that debt cleared off in the first place...now I can focus on more and important things...

Right, now that I have cleared that one up...please feel free to enter your comments be it aggressive or passive...im off to play Matrix Online until the early hours...enjoy...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life