Woo... time to get sorted.. I hope!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mazzy2u, Mar 4, 2011.

1. mazzy2u

mazzy2u New Member

Hi all

Just joined this, am looking for a place to do some kind of Microsoft cert, not sure which one (MCSE or MCITP). I have been flapping around for years to work out what to do, so finally I saved up and got myself a little nest egg and looked and looked at place to do a course. Firstly which should I do?? I am sort of leaning towards the MCITP but I am not sure. Second can anyone recommend a place in London that I can do it?? I have seen loads and loads and a couple are quite nearby, BUT its a big outlay and I dont want to get stung. I used to do small scale network installation years ago, but the mists of time have clouded over my memories of that (and the fact that the guy I was working for buggered off with all the money!!). So any suggestions will be greatly apprieciated.

M

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Welcome :)

What experience workwise do you have?

If you have none then you should avoid the MCSE secondly did you know that you do not have to do a course you can study on your own and then take the exams?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. mazzy2u

mazzy2u New Member

Work experience at the moment is 2 years networking installation 10 years ago, not great but at least a bit of a start. Also used to shove PC's together and set them up for consumers for 4 years. Apart from that its all office admin and a couple of very wierd tangents (theatre stage hand.... :blink)

4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Byte Poster

Welcome to the forum!

Certifications: N+
    WIP: A+ Security+ ITIL V3
  8. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!