Woo Hoo i passed my MCSA

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by sakuraba1982, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Aww, I wouldn't let it get to you.

Though if you think the CCNA is easy give it a shot :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  2. sakuraba1982

sakuraba1982 Nibble Poster

Nah i know CCNA is very hard in fact i tried to be as helpful as i could to her when she took the exam its just a shame she could not return the sam favour

Certifications: A+ N+ MCSA 2003
  3. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Congrats!
    Hopefully I'll be there as well in a couple months.
    What do you plan on pursuing next?

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

congrats on the pass. a momentus occasion indeed!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. sakuraba1982

I have been working as a 1st line support for 18 months, i'm looking to get to 2nd line servicedesk or something similar. However the credit crunch is really making finding a good job very hard!!!!! i'm seeing tech support/3rd line support jobs offering 18k im on that now and i'm 1st line!!!!! its funny looking how many skills thay are asking for with those jobs , they could be waiting awhile.

6. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Nice one on the MCSA!, It's strange because i have seen some 1st line jobs for £15k and some for £25k. I have also seen jobs asking for MCSA/MCSE for £17k, the amount of hard work is worth more than that!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  7. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. That'll be recruiters putting down certs because they've heard of them - the job role itself probably wouldn't require the MCSA level of knowledge, let alone what an experienced MCSE would bring to the role.

First line for £15K - £20K fair enough, but with the credit crunch I'd be looking at the lower bounds of those guides.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  8. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Congrats!

Good to know that my next 3 exams need a lot more study than I'm putting in at the moment, and I'm not being sarcastic, just realistic.

Time to get my head back in all 3 books.

Will join you as an MCSA one day :D

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+
    WIP: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  9. sakuraba1982

I would not entertain a job that was asking for a high level IT cert under the 20k mark. Its unlikely that a company that knows anything about IT would be putting things like that in thier job advert. I have had recruitment consultants ringing me up who seem to know nothing about what a cert means. Couple this with unrealistic job skills that some recruiters expect.

It just annoys me when you see mcsa/mcsa prefered in 1st line support job adverts.... are we saying that these certs are now entry level??? when i was looking for my 1st line job i was told that my A+ was too basic for the job roles i was applying for...

sorry to vent but this credit crunch is making finding a decent 2nd line IT job difficult

10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Who was telling you that the A+ was too basic for 1st Line support roles?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. sakuraba1982

i was told that by 2 different recruitment consultants when i was looking for my 1st IT job i tried explaining that the A+ was aimed at 1st liners but i had no joy. Anyhow things have moved on since then i have 18 months good experience as a junior service support technician and i noe have an MCSA to go with my N+ and A+.

It all goes back to people not actually knowing how much hard work goes into these certs and putting them in the job adverts just because they sound good.

12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Yes it would help if some agencies did their homework and investigated the certs properly. They also need lessons in how to post job ads, some of them are diabolical, some of them look like they were written by 2 year olds, not recruitment professionals.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009