1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wondering about the EC-Council's Security5...

Discussion in 'Security+' started by aestudiar, Jun 9, 2011.

1. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

Hi,
    I'm preparing for the A+, Network+ and Security+.
    I'm ready to take the A+, but my university modules don't let me with much time to spare.
    Anyway, browsing through the EC-Council website, and noticing that the requirements for the CEH are too high for me at the moment, I saw this, newer, entry certification: Security 5 http://iclass.eccouncil.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147&Itemid=103

Does anyone know anything about it? How does it compare with Security+?

Cheers.:D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. London_exile

London_exile Bit Poster

TBH, if you are already committed to doing teh CompTIA S+, then the Security 5 is pointless. It's one of the most basic of certifications there are. It won't add anything to your knowledge, isn't IMHO comprable to teh Security+ in any way shape or form.

I would like to make clear, that the Security5 does have it's place - mainly for people who work in non IT posts who need a bare minimum understanding of how to protect their data, etc. But I don;t beleive it has any real relevance for someone who plans to work in IT or IT Security.

Certifications: MBCS |A+ | N+ | S+ | CCSA | CFIA | CEH v7.1
    WIP: CISMP | CISM(A) | CISSP