Wish I'd found you sooner...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by happyme, Apr 7, 2010.

1. happyme

happyme New Member

Hi - I joined this forum because I made a huge mistake with a training provider promising the earth (have posted about it elsewhere) and wish I had found you sooner to prevent it.

I won't be making the same mistake again - will check here before signing up for anything now!

My background is in desktop publishing, but I started getting involved in basic website creation after I had my kids and worked from home. I decided to get more 'formal' training in web design, but chose the wrong provider, so now wish I'd just saved my money and done self study.

Good news is I have found a job - not as a web designer, because I need more training, but I'm working on content management and internet marketing which I'm loving, and have the scope to take on more design work as I gain the necessary skills. So there is a happy ending :-)

Hope to get to know you all better.

2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!