Wireless problems in Linux

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by Raffaz, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Not sure if this should be here or in the Linux area. Im having problems getting a driver for a Cisco AIR-CB21AG-E-K9 for Linux. Im just starting out with linux so im not sure where to look for it. Also, what distro is good for wireless, coz ive tried mandriva and fedora core 5, and the wireless support isnt the best (although it could be me). Cheers.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Raffaz,

Unfortunately, according to the "Quick Start Guide: Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Client Adapters (CB21AG and PI21AG)" it states in the Preface "Note Windows 2000 and XP are the only supported operating systems."

Source:
    1. Quick Start Guide: Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Client Adapters (CB21AG and PI21AG) - http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/cb21ag/cliqsg.htm

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  3. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Cheers for that, i did see that earlier, but i thought someone might have wrote a driver for it. I thought thats what normally happened with linux, but im not very experienced with it.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house