1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless power

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Bambino1506, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Interesting....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6725955.stm

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

very cool. how do you reckon this will work out in the long run then?

Personally I suspect that initial rollouts will be something along the line of standard power supply into the home, with plug sockets being replaced with a blank plate, behind which will be a transmitter. Certain devices would then have receivers built in (How about this, your Mobile charges whenever its in range of a transmitter, nice).

I hope this gets the backing it deserves.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Shame its only 40% efficient at the moment - wired electricity is higher than that.....

Imagine this though - electricity via something similar to a mobile phone mast - one transmitter - power to 1000 people - could solve some problems in more desolate/empty places.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Until people realize that this is EM energy again - and start worrying about the effects on the human body. :p

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+