Wireless bridge setup

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by Fergal1982, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Hey guys. I'm in need of a wireless bridge setup in order to connect at least two devices to my network.

I'm thinking I'll need a bridge and a switch or hub, but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive setup the would work well?

Thanks
    Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You will find that it is possible to use bridge mode in some WAPs (wireless access points) and many have built in switches too. However, i would recommend that you use two devices that are from the same manufacturer, if you expect them to play well together 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Fergal1982

The Wireless point I have at the moment is a netgear. However I cant seem to see any of their products with both a wireless connection and a switch (unless im just being blind).

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  4. Fergal1982

Oh, wait, theres the WGPS606. It seems to be designed as a print server, but I could probably just ignore that and use it to suit my needs?

5. Fergal1982

Actually, I decided to go for this in the end. The Powerline products are supposed to be pretty good, and since I only have a need for four devices, this seems like an ideal setup.