windows xp on vmware

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by joker001, Aug 16, 2006.

1. joker001

joker001 Bit Poster

Could I instal windows xp on virtual mahine. So I an fiddle about with it without upsetting mr proper installation of xp as i want to get good pratice for the a+

Would this be a good idea

WIP: A+
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

you can install xp on vmware... but i think it would be better to install windows 98 and windows 2000 too....

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

The only problem with installing XP in VMWare is you will have to activate it. And if you use the same registration number from the machine you are currently using, then you just used your 2 activations. So if anything were to happen to your host machine and you had to wipe it and reinstall, you will get the notorious message "You have reached the allowed number of activations for your license. Please call M$ a 1-800......".

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  4. joker001

joker001 Bit Poster

cheers guys, Never thought about the reactivation. I think i,ll wait a view months till vista comes out then put xp and 2000 on then. Or even better idea i might as well just build myself another cheap pc to play I could probably build one for about 100 pound.

5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I wouldn't hold your breath mate!

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. joker001

joker001 Bit Poster

Sorry I was talking in microsoft months :)