Windows Surface RT (32gb)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadowwebs, Jun 27, 2013.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

We have been offered a good deal through work via Microsoft to get the Microsoft Surface RT (32gb) for around £250.00, is this a good deal, is Windows RT any good?

I know this price is great compared to the RRP and it does include the type keyboard cover with the price.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. jamin100

jamin100 Byte Poster

Yeh I might get one for "testing" purposes ;)

Are you buying this for yourself then as schools don't pay VAT

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    WIP: 70-680
  3. shadowwebs

we are getting it for the schools deal but then as it will be used for private use as well as for "testing" purposes then I have to pay VAT on the cost which brings it up to around £240 including VAT

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Sounds great mate, as a nerd you are legally obliged to get one of these or run the risk of being struck off the nerd register!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. shadowwebs

is windows rt any good as I don't know anything about it

6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Do you mind if I ask how you intend to do this?

We looked into getting these for ourselves, but at no point could I find any info saying that schools could then sell them onto their employees.
    Our finance bod simply said that we can't sell them onto you as its illegal because they are on the schools books.

7. shadowwebs

found out today that the offer has had to be pulled also.

8. bluelogic

bluelogic New Member

If you want a good tablet PC then go for it, just make sure you understand that its an early product and will get better over time as software improves. Also it doesnt have a full version of windows. but if you can live with that its a great deal.