Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by michael78, May 7, 2005.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Has anyone bought the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit: Promotional Edition Book / CD Package and if so are they any good and are they worth it to use as a reference etc. I was thinking about buying it as it looks to cover all aspects of Windows 2003. I'm not after this to study my MCSA/MCSE just as a reference book.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Jamin.

Jamin. Nibble Poster

Hi,
    I have this set and think they are great as a second read when studying for the MCSE, but as a referance book they would be hard to look up a topic quickly (no global index) also each book is centered on one exam.
    Jamin.

Certifications: MCSA: Security! GCSE Nautical studies
    WIP: On a break.
  3. michael78

Jamin are you not thinking about the MCSE Core Exam resource kit it looks similar (Just when you mention that each book is geared towards a particular exam). The kit I'm talking about was released this month and isn't a study aid for any of the MCSE exams. I was just wondering if anyone has recently bought this kit mentioned in my first post or a previous one for Windows 2000/NT4 and what they thought about it. is it a useful reference guide and is it worth the money £95. I would really like some opinions about this or am I better off buying just a bog standard Windows 2003 book for cheaper.

When I saw this I just thought it looks pretty meaty and should cover most aspects of Windows 2003 that maybe a single book can't. Also if anyone does have this kit does it cover Active Directory in depth?

Cheers

Michael

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  4. Jamin.

Jamin. Nibble Poster

Opps :oops: :oops:
    My mistake, looks extactly the same and the same price!!
    Jamin.

Certifications: MCSA: Security! GCSE Nautical studies
    WIP: On a break.
  5. michael78

no problem mate, when I first saw this resource kit I thought ahh crap they've updated the MCSE resource kit (Which I've also got) then I realised that it was a windows 2003 resource kit and it got me intrigued on if it was any good and worth buying.