1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Server 2003 R2 for 70-290 exam?

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Exams' started by Kwak, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Kwak

Kwak Bit Poster

Hi all,
    I'll be studying for the Server 2003 exam shortly and realized there is Windows Server 2003 and the R2 version. The Training Kit book contains the non-R2 version.

Did you guys use R2 version on your pc to study and practice for the exam?

Certifications: MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP->MCSA
  2. Crito

Crito Banned

The second editions all come with R2.

[​IMG]

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  3. Kwak

Kwak Bit Poster

how embarrassing, thanks for the info.

Certifications: MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP->MCSA
  4. Crito

Crito Banned

FWIW, I don't recall anything that was R2-specific on the exams. The first edition books came out before the switch to performance/simulation-based exams, though, and the discount vouchers will have expired.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  5. ryanthelion84

ryanthelion84 Nibble Poster

crito,

i assume that means the measureup content on the additional CDROM that comes with the first ed will not have performance/sim based questions on it...ah well, its better than nout!! :D

Certifications: 70-290, PRINCEII Practioner, ITIL V3F
    WIP: VMWare ESX VCP
  6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Hi guys, so I have the same question...so have any of you taken the exam recently and recall any R2 specific questions?

7. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

The 2nd edition of the book says the exam does not ask any R2 related questions, it's in one of those "IMPORTANT" boxes . It's on one of the first pages.

Page 5 of chapter 1.

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003+Messaging, MCITP:SA, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia Server+ 2009, CCA Xenapp 6.5, VCP5-DV
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, CCSA
  8. Georges

Georges Bit Poster

I did it last month and do not recall any R2 specific questions.

9. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

I think i was stuck between two different exams (when they were making the switch over to R2) because wasnt GPMC part of the R2? I remember having to download something "new" to learn Group Policy with in the AD Users and Computers console and GPMC . Also in that book SUS is spoken about but now WSUS is covered - my suggestion get the 2nd edition MS Press book and R2 installed! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics