windows media player 10!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Inqueision, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Inqueision

Inqueision Bit Poster

ok the media player auto updated it self to 10 now...

anyone else got 10 aswell have you had any problems with it? and what are your views or do you not use window media player?

WIP: A+ & Network+ now, not mcse (yet)
  2. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I updated it the other week.

I like it, it looks better, less is more 8)

3. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

I am using something better. Try VLC player - it is independent from Media player and ........... well try it:

www.videolan.org

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-290, Network+
  4. Avocado505

Avocado505 Bit Poster

I actually prefer WMP 9 myself. I know I'm not the only person to have had problems with WMP 10 (jerky media playback etc).
    I even prefer the GUI on v9.. v10 looks like they're trying to make it look "flashy" but to me it jus looks tacky. :biggrin
    Oh and for playback of DVD I really like Nero Showtime 2 (part of the nero vision express package) :biggrin

Certifications: no IT certs yet...
    WIP: maybe A+ / MCSE ?
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I use various different programs for differnet things

I use Winamp primarily
    I use PowerDVD for dvd playback on both my laptops and desktops
    I use Media player for some things

I use XMMS and Xine on linux for DVD Playback/music

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. TurtleBot

TurtleBot Bit Poster

I recently ripped my entire CD collection using wmp10, never had a prob with it and it can now rip to mp3.

7. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

Have had WMP 10 installed for a while now, no problems at all with it.

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Partially agree with Avocado, re the GUI, which I preferred on WMP9, but I guess that's outdone by the added features of WMP10.

Still use Audiograbber to rip from vinyl tho.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. Avocado505

Avocado505 Bit Poster

Ultimately I guess I'll have to upgrade if I want to be ready for MS "hdwmv" files ? (Is that right?). But according to MS website my PC spec isn't necessarily even up to the minimum requirements for the hidef stuff so...Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. However.... Has anyone got any possible suggestions ie problems that they may be aware of regarding the upgrade to mp10 (re jerky media etc.)? My direct X etc all seems fine but I know my internet sys has taken a bit of a beating since last september's install. Jus wondered if anyone knows any commonly reported issues with this? :hhhmmm

Certifications: no IT certs yet...
    WIP: maybe A+ / MCSE ?
  10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

ever since I installed SP2 which came with WMP 9, I updated it to WMP 10 and I have never looked back since...the GUI is fantastic like Gav says and you can create your burn list when u want to burn CDs for music. my personal fave is how it groups songs in certain playlists, eg songs played at night, songs played at weekends, etc...perfect if your having a party and you cant be ar$ed to pick your tunes cos their already selected! :D

WIP: my life