1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows 7

Discussion in 'A+' started by fs, Oct 9, 2010.

1. fs

fs Bit Poster

Hi there,

I am planning to take the compTIA A+ by the end of this year (and CCNA by the first quarter of next year).

During summer time I bought compTIA A+ complete study guide 2009 (Quentin Docter, Emmett Dulaney,Toby Skandier).

I've just found out that windows 7 is part of the compTIA A+ objectives for both 20-701 and 20-702.:cry:

The above book doesn't seem to cover this OS.

Is actually windows 7 part of the exams? If so where can I find addition material for this?

Thanks a lot

Certifications: HNC
    WIP: COMPTIA A+ CCNA
  2. toshiba145

toshiba145 Nibble Poster

i didnt get any windows 7 questions. I done mine exam in august.

*just saw the objectives on comptia website. they have added windows 7 in the exam since august

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
    Certifications: A+, CCNA
    WIP: MCITP
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Thats probably because that book was written before the new 2010 exams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. moondas

moondas Bit Poster

I did A+ 3 weeks ago and did not have any questions about Win 7, anyway I wouldn't worry, if you know how to modify Vista you'll be all right. By the way it seems like CompTIA can't make up their mind adding Win 7 after updated A+ books have been released...:blink

Certifications: MCITP, MCTS, A+
    WIP: hmm...
  5. greenbrucelee

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The current version of the exam was created when vista was around and windows 7 was in development however you get questions on the exam that are not scored so who knows you may get a question on 7 wether its marked or not is compTIAs decision.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

I believe that CompTIA has recently announced that Windows 7 will be officially added starting Jan 1, 2011. However there will probably be some Vista and the difference between Vista and 7 is not that great. I took the A+ bridge test earlier this year. This is supposed to cover the difference between the '06 and '09 versions of A+ (only needed one test but had to have a current A+). I only remember a few Vista questions on the bridge exam I took. I feel confident that I could have passed the bridge just on what I knew for the '06 A+.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  7. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Good luck with the exam.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  8. fs

fs Bit Poster

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help.:)

Now I have a book to read

Certifications: HNC
    WIP: COMPTIA A+ CCNA
  9. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

I done mine on Friday and I didn't get any questions on Windows 7 either :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680