Windows 7 Update = :-(

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pheonicks56, May 19, 2009.

1. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Okay so up until now everything has been fairly decent, lets say at least 10 X's better than Vista had ever been. But I tried doing an optional update tonight with Windows Update on Windows 7 X64. To be exact I did the Test Update for Windows 7 Release Candidate for x64-based Systems (KB970420). This killed the OS, when I rebooted it took for ever, to get past the login screen, then nothing came up for a long time then I started getting error messages about certain programs could not be located in the memory and blah blah blah. I had to load in safe mode and roll back to an old restore point. So if your cruising around checking out the optional updates for Win7RC1x64 try it out and see if you have the same problems *Only if you're adventurous!*

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Man, sorry to hear about your problem :(

I've done all the updates and have not had any problems with them. I'm running Windows 7 RC as my main OS at work, joined the the domain and even using the RSAT tools.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

I had no problem with this update. So far Windows 7 does not play any tricks for me. But this is still Windows and as everyone know strange things happen sometimes.

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I've got 2 shifty updates for my x64 1 is the updated nvidia driver and the other is MS SQL 2008 SP1 update

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Same here, I am running a 64 bit version and with all the latest updates and no issues at all....

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA