Windows 7 Study material (70-682)

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Becki, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my MCITP: VISTA to Windows 7. Would you recommend the Windows 7 Resource Kit (the 1700+ page book) to cover both the exam parts?

Becki

Certifications: NVQ IC3 A+ Network+ MCDST MCITP MCTS Vista & 7
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi Becki,

I have taken this exam but I don't know of anyone having used the MS 'Resourse Kit' books to study for exams instead of the 'Training Kit' ones. I'd guess that they do have good info but how well it is geared to the exact exam requirements is debatable.

Unless you can get a good look at the book knowing the full 680/685 requirements I'd plump for the 2 Training Kit books instead. More expensive, I know, but it will be better than wasting the money on a resourse that is not fully compliant.

With your MCITP in Vista you should be in a better position to take this exam than someone upgrading from MCDST alone as the requirements are very different from the ones for XP.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...